Missouri Gov. Mike Kehoe announced Thursday that he’s activated the Missouri National Guard as a “precautionary measure” for the possibility of civil unrest.

The activation came via an executive order issued earlier Thursday by Kehoe.

Earlier this week, the Missouri Department of Public Safety, Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Missouri National Guard established a Unified Command.

The executive order tasks the Adjutant General with making the call whether to “call and order into active service such portions of the National Guard as he deems necessary to aid executive officials of Missouri to protect life and property.”

“We respect, and will defend, the right to peacefully protest, but we will not tolerate violence or lawlessness in our state,” Kehoe said. “While other states may wait for chaos to ensue, the State of Missouri is taking a proactive approach in the event that assistance is needed to support local law enforcement in protecting our citizens and communities.”

A spokesperson for Kansas City, Missouri, Mayor Quinton Lucas said the mayor was concerned over Kehoe's decision, saying that protests earlier this week in Kansas City were "peaceful and responsible."

Posted by John3262005

5 Comments

  1. Spring-Heeld-Jack on

    And this was the moderate candidate. Holy shit, I can’t even imagine the response if Bill Eigel was governor

Leave A Reply