The FBI on Monday confirmed it has established a task force to investigate the wave of vandalism and arson incidents targeting Tesla in recent weeks.

“Director [Kash] Patel has been unequivocally clear: The FBI will be relentless in its mission to protect the American people,” the FBI said in a statement, confirming reporting of the task force.

“Acts of violence, vandalism, and domestic terrorism — like the recent Tesla attacks — will be pursued with the full force of the law,” the FBI statement continued.

The New York Post first reported on Monday that the task force, consisting of 10 people, launched as a joint effort between the FBI’s counterterrorism division and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). The task force seeks to counter the violent activity targeting Tesla vehicles and charging stations in recent weeks.

The Post reported that the FBI so far this month has received reports of 48 incidents involving Tesla, including at least seven it is investigating with local law enforcement.

“Can confirm: The FBI has launched a Task Force in conjunction with ATF to coordinate investigative activity and crack down on violent Tesla attacks,” Ben Williamson, assistant director of FBI’s public affairs, said on X, responding to the Post’s story about the task force.

Posted by John3262005

2 Comments

Leave A Reply