
A top Iranian official pushed back on President Trump Friday, calling his recent remarks about a nuclear deal “confusing and contradictory.”
Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One as he returned from the Middle East earlier Friday that the U.S. gave Iran a formal proposal for a new nuclear agreement, urging Tehran to “move quickly.”
“Iran has not received any written proposal from the United States, whether directly or indirectly,” Iranian foreign minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi wrote on the social media platform X. “In the meantime, the messaging we—and the world—continue to receive is confusing and contradictory.
“Iran nonetheless remains determined and straightforward: Respect our rights and terminate your sanctions, and we have a deal,” he continued.
Earlier this week, Trump told reporters that the two countries were in “very serious negotiations.” And in recent days, the president has also signaled an openness to the Middle Eastern country developing a civilian nuclear program but has indicated that Tehran cannot have its own nuclear weapon.
Posted by John3262005
1 Comment
Thank you President Deals